"Literacy is more than the ability to read and write. It involves the knowledge, skills, and abilities - the competencies - that enable individuals to think critically, communicate effectively, deal with change and solve problems in a variety of contexts to achieve their personal goals, develop their knowledge and potential and participate fully in society."
- Alberta Education, Literacy First (2010)
All students will create, acquire, connect and communicate meaning through literacy in a wide variety of contexts.
- All students will achieve their personal best with time and support
- All teachers will provide quality teaching and be supported to effectively meet the needs of all students
- High expectations, knowing your learners and early intervention are essential at all grades
- Teachers will be able to articulate the process of teaching and learning across the curriculum