What is the Work Experience Program?
The Work Experience Program is a practical off-campus learning experience aimed at preparing students for the world of work. It can be paid or unpaid. Community service or volunteer experiences are encouraged.
The student is required to keep accurate records of hours worked.
How do I sign up for this program?
The student can sign up anytime in grades 11 or 12, including summers. Crowsnest Consolidated High School students can start in summer before their Grade 11 year. The sign up package includes:
- A letter signed by the student's parent.
- A Learning Plan (signed by student & supervisor)
- A Contract (signed by student, parents, employer & off campus coordinator)
What are the prerequisites?
- HCS 3000: Workplace Safety Systems
- CTR 1010: Job Preparation (recommended)
- CTR 3010: Preparing for Change (recommended)
What are the potential credits?
- WE 15 (3-10 credits)
- WE 25 (3-10 credits)
- WE 35 (3-10 credits)
- 30 credits total
- Must earn a minimum of 3 credits per WE course
How are the students assessed?
Conducted by the off-campus coordinator in consultation with the employer at the end of each semester (fall, winter and summer)
What is the cost of this program?
There is no cost.