LRSD staff are invited to expand their foundational knowledge of First Nation, Metis, Inuit history, culture, and indigenous education through these professional development opportunities.
Professional Development Resources
SAPDC: SAPDC is one of seven Regional Consortia in Alberta established by Alberta Education to provide professional learning, inservice and training opportunities to school trustees, superintendents, administrators, teachers, support staff and school councils.
Indspire: Professional development webinars for educators who are committed to Indigenous student success.
Aboriginal Conferences Your source to Aboriginal conferences and events.
Calgary Regional Consortium. Multiple opportunities on FNMI and Foundational Knowedge.
- Decolonizing and Indigenizing Approaches to Education. Dr. Dustin Louie. SAPDC. Medicine Hat. Feb. 6, 2020.
- Think Indigenous: International Education Conference. River Cree Resort. March 11-13, 2020.
- FNMI: Learning From Story- Writing Framework. CRC. Calgary, AB. March 24, 2020.
- CASS FNMI Gathering. Edmonton, AB. April 20-22, 2020.
- Connecting Aboriginal Games to your Math Curriculum. SAPDC. Lethbridge. May 4, 2020.
Online PD Opportunities
How to Weave Indigenous Knowledge Systems into Your Everyday Practice. ARPDC. Fall 2019.
Education for Reconciliation. E-course. ARPDC. Fall 2019.
Indigenous Canada Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), University of Alberta.
Aboriginal Worldviews and Education (Starts April 16). 6- week course. University of Toronto.