On August 13, 2021 Education Minister Adriana LaGrange and Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Deena Hinshaw announced the measures that will be in place for the 2021-2022 school year to help keep staff, students, and families safe during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The Alberta Education 2021-2022 School Year Plan was developed on the foundation of the following four principles that were established by the government in collaboration with education partners:
- The safety of children, students, and staff comes first.
- Children and student learning will continue.
- Provincial funding is still flowing to schools.
- School authorities have flexibility to do what is best for their community.
Return-to-school resources for school divisions, staff, parents, and students are available from the Alberta government:
- Preparing for a new school year
- Guidance for respiratory illness prevention and management in schools
- 2021-2022 Parents' guide
- Letter to all parents from Dr. Deena Hinshaw (Aug 13, 2021)
Livingstone Range School Division looks forward to returning to in-person learning with near-normal operations when classes begin on Tuesday, August 31.