Do you want to free up time in your fall/winter schedule? Are you needing an extra course to graduate? Would you like the flexibility of virtual learning? Summer School with LRSD Pursuits is an excellent way to earn up to 10 high school credits.
Our engaging online programming also includes in-person options in Fort Macleod for those students who want additional support.
Summer School 2022
Summer School runs from July 4-29, 2022. Registration is now open until June 24, 2022.
Click HERE for the 2022 Summer School Flyer
Click HERE for the Summer School FAQ's
2022 Courses Offered
Core courses (5 credits each)
- English 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2, 30-1, 30-2
- Science 10, 14, 24
- Social Studies 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2, 30-1, 30-2
- Math 10C, 10-3, 20-1, 20-2, 20-3
- Physical Education 10 (3 credits)
- CALM (3 credits)
- World Religion (3 credits)
- Media Studies bundle (4 credits)
- Tourism bundle (4 credits)
- Workplace Safety HCS3000 (1 credit)
How To Register for Summer School
To register for LRSD Summer School:
1) Click one of the links below to access a fillable PDF.
2) Once complete, print off the PDF and ensure it has the required signatures.
3) To submit your registration, you can either:
- Scan the PDF (or take a picture of each page) and email it to: email@example.com
- Drop off at any LRSD School Office.
How many credits can I take? While you can receive up to 10 credits in the summer, we recommend taking a maximum of one 5 credit-core class (English Language Arts/Social Studies/Math/Science) and potentially one option class in order to set yourself up for success.
What is the format of summer school classes? All course content will be posted on our Hapara (online learning) platform. Students may choose to complete the course in a fully online format and interact with their teacher daily via Google Meet. Alternatively, they may choose to attend school in Fort Macleod for face-to-face interactions with their teachers (this could be 1-5 days a week). Content can be accessed asynchronously for students needing a flexible schedule.
How much work will I need to complete each day? Given the compressed time frame of the course, students will be expected to complete at least one hour of work per day per credit. For example, if they are taking a 5-credit English course, they would need to spend about 5 hours per day on their class.
What is my schedule? The summer teachers will be available for support during regular school hours and will have a daily Google Meet for each class. However, we recognize that some students may need a flexible schedule and so content can be accessed at any time.
Please use the form if you have any questions or comments about LRSD Pursuits Summer school. We look forward to hearing for you!