Our online Virtual School was developed by LRSD to offer breadth of programming in an online distance-learning format that meets the needs of a variety of students, ages 19 and under. Virtual School offers students flexibility to plan their education around their life and receive a customized education experience.
Keys to Success
To develop critical thinkers and lifelong learners who become contributing citizens. This will be accomplished through consistent delivery of high quality programming and teaching that is responsive to diverse student needs and interests in an inclusive environment.
- Online, one to one, blended learning environment
- Personalized Learning Pathways
- 24/7 anytime anywhere access
- Personalized Learning Plans
- Student support (Outreach, Instruction, Homeschool)
- Learning Commons access
- Learning facilitated by teacher
- Student collaboration
Students New to LRSD Virtual School
- Students new to the program must contact the Administrator at their home school to discuss program information and academic options. Students (Age 19 & under) from outside the division must contact Division Office (403) 625 3356, or email VirtualSchool@lrsd.ab.ca
- Students are to review the technical requirements below for working online.
- Students download, print, and complete the registration form. Please ensure that all signatures have been obtained. The form is then submitted to: VirtualSchool@lrsd.ab.ca .
- Students attend an orientation meeting with their assigned teacher(s) virtually or in person.
Students Returning to LRSD Virtual School
2019-2020 Math/Science/Tech Course Offerings
*We will update this site as information becomes available.
2019-2020 Humanities Course Offerings
|English 30-1, 30-2, 20-1, 20-2, 10-1||Nanton||Yes||Yes|
|Social 30-1, 30-2, 20-1, 20-2, 10-1||Outreach North||Yes||Yes|
Want more information? Click on the link below to view the Virtual School Student Handbook:
Virtual School Student Handbook
Students participating in the Virtual School will need access to a computer and high speed internet. The following will assist students in meeting the basic requirements to participate in a virtual session:
Operating System – Minimum Windows Vista/7/8/10, Mac OS X
Required Access To:
- High Speed Internet
- DVD Drive
- Microphone required for Collaborate online classroom sessions
- Google Apps for Education Account
- Application Software –Office XP (minimum), Office 2010/2013/2016 (MS Word, MS Excel, MS
PowerPoint). Student versions available at Microsoft.com at a reduced cost to students.
- Chrome or Firefox Browser
- Adobe Acrobat Reader/Flash player/Shockwave player (http://www.adobe.com/downloads/)
Meet with Staff
Staff will be available to connect with students virtually or in person. The following schedule identifies when the Virtual School teacher is available during the day.