Curriculum & Assessment
Alberta Education supports the needs of students, parents, teachers, and administrators from Early Childhood Services (ECS) through Grade 12.
The Ministry has the following responsibilities:
- Develops curriculum and sets standards.
- Evaluates curriculum and assesses outcomes.
- Teacher development and certification.
- Supports special needs students.
- Funds and supports school boards.
- Aboriginal and francophone education.
- Management of the Alberta Initiative for School Improvement (AISI).
- Oversees basic education policy and regulations.
Curriculum & Assessment Links
- Alberta Education Ministry website
- Alberta Education Programs of Study
- What students learn in Alberta's K to 12 education systems and resources to support learning
- Alberta Education - My Child's Learning: A Parent Resource
- Parent guide for what your child is learning, how they're assessed, and what resources are available to help them be successful from K to 12
- Learn Alberta
- Alberta Government website with subject and lesson resources for students
- Alberta Assessment Consortium
- Not-for-Profit organization that advocates for and supports student and teacher assessment
- Alberta Learning Information Services
- Careers, learning, and employment information