We're Here For You
Our Family School Liaison Counselling team is offering support by phone, email, and video during the COVID-19 pandemic. Find details in the "Remote Counselling Support" section.
Remote Counselling Support
During regular school, FSLCs support student wellbeing and mental health with in-person counsellors. Just because classes have ended doesn’t mean students don’t still need that support.
Our team continues to offer counselling; connecting and communicating with home, medical, and mental health agencies; referrals to appropriate community agencies and resources as required; and crisis intervention and threat assessment.
We’re now doing these things remotely.
To contact one of our counsellors, call your school and ask to be directed to a FSLC. You can also reach out directly by email. Our counsellors are available Monday-Thursday 8:30-3:30 and Friday 8:30-1:30.
- A.B. Daley Community School 403-646-3161 | Tracey Wallace - email@example.com
- Canyon School 403-627-3118 | Lindsey Michalsky - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crowsnest Consolidated High School 403-563-5651 | Bonita Bourlon - email@example.com
- F.P. Walshe School 403-553-4411 | Marli Duncan - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Granum School 403-687-3734 | Karen Sparks - email@example.com
- Horace Allen School 403-563-3998 | Karen Manzer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Isabelle Sellon School 403-562-8816 | Karen Manzer - email@example.com
- J.T. Foster High School 403-646-2264 | Angie Conway - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Livingstone School 403-628-3897 | Janet Elder - email@example.com
- Matthew Halton High School 403-627-4414 | Holly Stewart - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stavely School 403-549-3757 | Quinn Sampson - email@example.com
- W.A. Day Elementary School 403-553-3362 | Karen Sparks - firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Meadow Elementary School 403-625-4464 | Quinn Sampson - email@example.com
- Willow Creek Composite High School 403-625-3387 | Brenda Schladt - firstname.lastname@example.org
For after-hours help call the Alberta Mental Health Help Line at 1-877-303-2642 or in case of emergency, call 911.
COVID-19 can be scary and worrisome for anyone. See our “Talking to Kids About COVID-19” information on how you can help your child feel more safe and empowered.
Family School Liaison Counsellors
The Family School Liaison Counselling team promotes wellness and positive change through healthy relationships and connections. Our Division Team Lead and in-school Counsellors help students:
- Understand and achieve healthy emotional and social development
- Cope with and manage feelings of worry, sadness, frustration, and loneliness
- Improve self confidence and self esteem
- Access nutrition and wellness resources
Each school in Livingstone Range School Division supports student wellbeing and mental health and has an on-site Counsellor. Some of the ways we champion health and wellness include friendship groups, clinical groups, anti-bullying and promoting kindness programs, GSA’s, yoga classes, and other wellness initiatives.
In addition, Family School Liaison Counsellors offer one-on-one and group counselling; connecting and communicating with home, medical, and mental health agencies; referrals to appropriate community agencies and resources as required; and crisis intervention and threat assessment.
Contact your school’s Family School Liaison Counsellor to find out how we can support healthy student emotional development and relationships.