Bell Let's Talk 2023: Creating Positive ChangePosted on
Mental health and wellness are priorities in Livingstone Range School Division. Throughout the year, our family school liaison counselors bring attention to mental health and wellness, talking about what mental health is and how individuals, communities and families can support it.
We want to support our LRSD community in understanding how to reduce the stigma around mental health and begin helpful conversations. One resource is Bell Let’s Talk Day on January 25, 2023, when people across Canada highlight the importance of education, compassion, conversation, and support for mental health.
The Bell Let's Talk website suggests meaningful ways to create positive change, including:
- Choosing a mental health organization to learn about or support
- Helping a friend struggling with mental health issues by learning ways to support them
- Asking about how your school, workplace, or community is creating change for mental health
- Nurturing your own well-being by practicing and learning mental health strategies
- Getting involved in a mental health initiative or organizing an event to support mental health
- Engaging in conversations about mental health to fight the stigma
You can find excellent resources about starting a mental health conversation in Bell’s Let’s Talk Toolkit, including posters, activities, printable stickers, and social media cover photos. Use these with your family and friends to help reduce the stigma of mental health and begin helpful, healthy conversations.
In addition, the LRSD Wellness Resources page provides staff and families with updated information and links aimed at optimizing social, physical, and mental wellness.
On January 25, let’s join with Canadians across the country in conversation about mental health and wellness.