Livingstone Range School Division proudly and safely transports more than 1600 students to 14 schools across our jurisdiction. When it comes to ensuring children have a safe and comfortable bus ride to and from school, the LRSD Transportation office, school bus drivers, parents, and students all have a role to play.
During COVID-19 there are additional measures in place to ensure our students and bus drivers stay safe and well. These include:
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing
- Face masks are mandatory for Grade 4-12 students and bus drivers, and optional for Kindergarten-Grade 3 students
- Daily Screening Questionnaire to be completed each morning before students leave their homes and board the bus
- Loading back-to-front and assigned seating
- Hand sanitizer is available on every bus
We expect all students to have good behavior including no pushing or shoving, no abusive or offensive language, keeping aisles clear at all times, promptly obeying the bus driver's instructions, and treating bus drivers and all passengers with respect and courtesy.
Please review our School Bus Information brochure and talk with your child about the additional safety measures during COVID-19. Together, we can stay safe and on time.
Click here to download a printable PDF poster of School Bus Safety During COVID-19.